eXTReMe Tracker PinkyBlondePunk: Workin 9 to 5, Darlin Tryin To Make A Livin'

PinkyBlondePunk

She's So Unfabulous!

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Workin 9 to 5, Darlin Tryin To Make A Livin'

Last night was one of the worst nights at work I've ever had. I was off from my day job, so I couldn't post.

I had one of the worst, in the hole, sections that a person could have! Twas fundraiser night. And I was told I would make descent money!

Of course, gullible me, believed it!

I had a party of around 30 people. The most ignorant, ghetto ass people I've had in a while, 3 women with their 10 kids each! AWFUL!
They wanted drinks constantly, as soon as I cleared the plates, lo and behold when I returned, the tables were stacked.

They left food and ice cream all over the floors and tables, and even managed to use all the napkins, and steal a couple salt/pepper shakers in the process!

When they finally left, I was overjoyed! I went back to my section, hopefully to find money.

All I found was a tip tray with a single, dirty old penny placed onto it.

I was enraged! I asked around, and was told by many other servers they could put me on minimum wage for the night. And of course Lisa, the manager who hates me with a passion that I cannot explain, refused. And added a bit of snappy attitude to boot!

I finally started to clean my section, and of course 2 chairs happen to fall on my arm, causing a pretty big bump! Last night it wasn't so bad, but this morning it's all lumpy and purple! And yes it hurts!

I broke into tears, in the middle of my section. It was not worth my time to be there last night, to be quite honest. The only reason I didn't scorn Lisa, evil manager bitch, and walk out was for Jimmy. I don't want to leave a bad impression.
I could have been at home, spending time with my daughter, who I am lucky to sometimes get a few hours a day to see, before I drop her off at daycare.

And it still bothers me how the hell people such as my customers, and Evil Manager Bitch, can treat people in such a way. People who give you good service, and people who are SO DAMN NICE to you, no matter how nasty you are to them.

Hopefully next week will be better for me!

1 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, got your link off of Jimmy's blog so I came by to check you out. That's AWEFUL what those people did to you by leaving the penny tip. Just wanted you to know that all of "us" (I'm assuming the ghetto ass people were black?) aren't like that. I purposely tip extremely high when I go out to eat. 1. because I've been a waitress, 2. because they usually deserve it, and 3. because I'd never want to leave someone thinking that we all suck. Well, hope you have better nights.

TAS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter