eXTReMe Tracker PinkyBlondePunk: And When One Door Opens...

PinkyBlondePunk

She's So Unfabulous!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

And When One Door Opens...

The one that closes swings back open and knocks you down. Well, I spent all day Tuesday with the new guy, he is still really sweet and nice. I enjoy spending time with him, I just don't know what to make of this whole crazy situation. We work together, and I don't want it to be weird, you know?
And then, when I got home last night, my brother finally decides to tell me that the DR. called! Twice in two days. So of course I immediatley called him back. We chatted for a bit, and he told me to come on over. Now keep in mind that I haven't really heard from him in two weeks. I thought, and was prepared for him to tell me that he doesn't want to see me anymore. But it turns out I was dead wrong.

He was just insanely busy! He hadn't even gone to see a movie alone, which is strange for him. So we had a wonderful time catching up, drinking Pinot Noir, and watching the Orioles v. Yankees game on his huge ass flatscreen TV. I was never more thankful in my life (about a man)!

Now here's the debate that's going on in my mind:

In one corner I have the new guy: He's sweet, and very nice to me, and we have some things in common, BUT, there are some things about him that make me weary. He's young for my type. I usually won't date a guy who's younger than 25, he is 22. He doesn't make much money (and I hate to be so damn stuck up)But he is trying to get another job. He doesn't have his own place. He's been through very hard times, and it's definatley not going to be over yet. And, he's not my usual type, either. I usually go for the very distinguished type.

And in the other corner, I have the Dr., who to me is perfect.We have a sort of history together, and I believe that his ideas about casual relationships and dating are rubbing off on me. He's older (32), makes crazy good money, is stable (he just bought a house, etc.) And we are so much in tune with eachother. We like A LOT (excuse me, everything)of the same things, our attitudes about life are the same. And he is the perfect gentleman. Always.He takes me out to the movies we want to see, we go out for cocktails and dinner, and stroll along The Avenue while drinking Starbucks. There is one more tiny detail also (well, not tiny, HUGE, lol). And please forgive me for being so blunt, as this is a rare occurence. But we have the greatest sex ever. Every time, it never faulters.

So you all can imagine what is going on in my head. On the ride home from the DR.'s house, I decided that I would ask him about us. I'm going to ask him if he wants to continue to date me for a long period of time. He hates commitment, so this will probably be a touchy subject in which I will get an unclear answer, if at all. We'll see what happens. I'm supposed to see the new guy on Thursday, and the Dr. I might get together with him later this week when I'm not working.

So if any of you out there have any suggestions as to what the hell I should do... Please feel free to let me know, because frankly I'm confused as hell. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter